One of my all time favourite little birds the Snipe is simply incredible. Here I depicted this elusive and enigmatic little chap sat on an old log watching the world go by.
Snipe are known for their distinctive winnowing call and I have spent many an hour watching them whilst on the Scottish riverbanks.
This piece was a joy to create as I injected a cute and shy personality and kept his air of vulnerability in the painting. I just love his feet, look how big they are!
This Giclée print has been produced using Epson's 8 colour archival UltraChrome K3 pigment inks renowned for their superb lightfastness and printed onto the finest quality digital fine art paper from Hahnemuhle. This particular print was produced on: William Turner 310gsm 100% cotton paper.
To help increase the longevity of prints, please note the following GUIDELINES:
- Do not display in direct sunlight or strong artificial light
- Always display the print behind glass. This offers surface protection against both the environment and ultraviolet light
- Avoid temperature and humidity variations.
- Ensure that only acid-free materials, such as mounts, tapes, etc, come into direct contact with the print and never touch the print surface with bare fingers
- When framing, do not secure permanently, but use 2 acid-free' hinges' at the top to secure the print in place